Friday 8 July 2011

Whipped Cream's great review for SHARED TOO - "A new and enthralling plot"






Blurb for Shared Too -

Ten years on I’m still convinced I’m the luckiest woman on earth. Two devastatingly gorgeous husbands committed to my satisfaction—phew!—life doesn’t get much better or much sexier.

But as though the mere concept of a perfect existence was created to be shattered, one day Quinn turned to me and said, “Shared too. I want to be shared too.” Add in the monster that haunted my nightmares and I was struggling to keep a grip on my sanity.

I soon realized the path Quinn wanted us to travel would stretch not only his experience of giving and taking, but also mine and Liam’s. In a whirlwind of desperate emotions, dark desires and erotic fantasy, we were all so distant but also so sublimely close. Sharing had never been as sweet as it was bitter, or as depraved as it was heavenly.


“ Ten years after answering an add in the paper listed as “Girl to share” Ariane soon realizes that the two men who posted the add wanted to share her as much as living space. Now married to both men with twin girls, she thinks everything is good in her world until she realizes that one of her husbands is lusting after a co-worker.

A sequel to Shared. Shared Too takes on a drastic turn from the first book where I was left with the feeling that Ariane, Quinn, and Liam would live happily ever after. I even formed an attraction to both Quinn and Liam and thought they were the perfect male specimens. However, my feeling for Quinn took a nosedive in this book and I did not know if I hated him or loved him for the first half of the story. Thank God for Liam as he was pretty much the glue that kept everything from falling apart between the three even though he had a lot of stress and fear that he hid from the others.

This story is high on the emotional scale and kept me anxious and on the brink of tears a time or two with fear that their perfect world would come to an end from one calamity or another. Truly, this story has a new and enthralling plot with a number of unique twists that added a lot of sparks in the sex scenes and left me fanning my face a few times. I even got my first taste of F/F sex, which I found quite a delightful experience, and it definitely added a new level of excitement to the storyline.

One thing is certain, I will not forget this book any time soon and may even read it again in the future. I would recommend reading the first book, Shared, to get a better view of each of the characters personalities and how they met, however, it is not necessary in order to follow and enjoy Shared Too.

I will be keeping an eye out for more books by Ms. Harlem in the future. "




I am thrilled with this four star review. It proves to me the book gave the emotional twists and turns I intended it too. Also Quinn's character was a challenge, he annoyed the hell out of me a few times as I wrote it, but like life, fiction has to show people not always behaving as they should, and ultimately we know he's one of the good guys. I am pleased the reviewer found her first F/F literary experience a pleasureable one, and the fact that she says she will read Shared Too again in the future is a real compliment.

Lily x

No comments:

Post a Comment