Wednesday 14 March 2012

IT'S HOT IN HERE!!

Of course it is, awesome author of super steamy romance Juniper Bell is my guest today. OMG! I am over excited, and no wonder. I have just read Go Deep and all I can say is pass me a glass of iced water! :-)


Blurb


Beth is the shy, dreamy type. No one guesses at the wild sexual thoughts she hides behind that quiet façade. She doesn’t even share her secret longings with her husband.

Gavin loves his wife, but he’s tired of living in a marriage in which neither he nor Beth reveal their true desires. When Gavin sees Beth’s response to an erotic bondage photo in her framing shop, he jumps at the opportunity to break through her barriers.

He accepts an invitation to a showcase match for the amateur hockey team he coaches during Wild Nights, an infamous winter festival during which “anything goes, nothing counts”. But he’s opened a sensual Pandora’s box—Beth has some surprises of her own. When she meets Eagle, a free-spirited Wild resident, she knows he’s the perfect man to help enact her erotic fantasies. And once they go deep, there’s no going back.

Reader Advisory: Making all of Beth’s dreams come true involves three-way sex, and some outrageously provocative outfits.

Excerpt

When Beth surfaced from her drugged slumber, it took her a moment to remember where she was. Her body felt different. Lazy and sensual, a few twinges here and there. And then it all came rushing back. The costumes. Gavin. The deep, wrenching orgasm that had just turned her life inside out.

She should run. Now. While she had a chance. Before Gavin knew she was awake. He wouldn’t chase her, she knew. If she wanted to leave, she could.

Which was why she couldn’t possibly run.

She lifted her head and looked around for Gavin. He sat in the armchair next to the woodstove, still in black, still masked. His head lolled back against the wall, his legs spread, pants refastened, his hands resting on his strong thighs. A deep flush swept across her body as she remembered what those magic hands had done to her. Gavin had made her feel things she hadn’t known were possible. Or maybe she’d suspected. The image of the bound woman in the photo came into her mind, along with the restless, excited feeling it had inspired in her.

“I didn’t hurt you, did I?”

So he wasn’t asleep. “No. Surprised me.”

For a moment he stayed quiet. “I don’t ever want to hurt anyone. I could, easily. I’m too strong.”

“But you wouldn’t.” She knew it in her bones.

He shook his head, a worried frown pulling his black eyebrows together. “A girl I dated in college liked it rough. She showed me what she wanted, made me rip her clothes off, pin her hands over her head, fuck her hard as I could. I hated myself for liking it. She wanted me to hurt her but I wouldn’t. I freaked out and broke up with her.”

Beth propped her head on her elbow to listen. They’d never talked about their sexual pasts. Part of her didn’t want to hear about him with other women. But most of her was fascinated. “Then what happened?”

“Her friends started calling me. I went out with one and she told me she had handcuffs in her purse. Wanted me to cuff her to the steering wheel. Told me she’d heard what a great fuck I was. I hated that, hated thinking of them talking about me like that.”

Beth felt heat come and go in her face. She’d never heard that talk. Then again, they’d gone to different colleges. And she wasn’t used to talking about such things.

“I swore off kinky sex and focused on rescuing Thomason Heating from the bank. And then you came back to North Pole.”

“And?”

“When you smiled at me at that gas station—remember?—I wanted you so hard I could barely stand. A thousand times more than I ever wanted those girls in college. But I wanted it dirty, and you were so innocent. By some superhuman willpower, I held myself back. I loved you too much, I didn’t want to hurt you.”

Her heart went out to him, this powerful man whose muscle power was dwarfed by his kindness. Gavin deserved something. Something special. Some kind of glorious thank you. She eased off the bed.

He was only a few steps away, too close to bother getting to her feet. Instead, she crawled across the floor to him. He watched her through slitted, intense black eyes. Their heat made her shiver. She felt her hips sway from one side to the other as she made her way across the rug. His gaze fastened on her breasts, which bounced with each move she made. Oh God, the way he’d teased them with his thumbs…

Another shiver.

She crawled between his long legs. The thought of what lurked behind that zipper made her dizzy. She knew his penis and yet she didn’t, not anymore. Not the fierce way it had claimed her. Her mouth watered.

She lifted her face between his thighs and, with her mouth, undid the snap at his waistband. Then she took his zipper pull between her teeth. She risked a glance up at him and caught his black gaze burning into her. Another wave of dizziness struck. Slowly, she pulled at the zipper, inch by inch. As his trousers parted, a massively aroused, fire-breathing dragon of an erection sprang from its cave. It reared up into the open air, demanding and ferocious. She’d always avoided this part of making love, and Gavin had never pressed her.

But now she wasn’t afraid. Not dressed like this. Not tonight. Tenderly she touched its base with her tongue.

Gavin groaned, a rough, helpless sound that told her just how much she turned him on.

“No holding back,” she whispered, her lips moving against the satin skin of his cock.
                                                * * * * *


Miz Love Loves Books review for Go Deep




Go Deep is a steaming hot novel. In fact, something this hot could only come from somewhere so cold! I’m talking about the location, Alaska. Or to be more precise, Wild, a place where ‘anything goes, nothing counts’. In other words, you can set your fantasies, your desires, your darkest dreams free and no one will judge you or breathe a word of it to anyone, ever.

Where do I get my ticket??

Beth is a shy, insular character, mousey and day-dreamy, and she is married to a big, ex-hockey-playing hunk of gorgeousness called Gavin. (Yes, I’m swooning as I think of him). But Beth spends a lot of time in her head, torn between the strict upbringing her mother subjected her to and deliciously dark thoughts of submission and allowing her sexual side to be set free.

So it is no wonder Gavin is at the end of his tether. He loves his wife with all of his heart, and it was her demure character that attracted him to her in the first place. But enough is enough, he can’t go on not feeling like he really possesses her and trying to hold back the carnal cravings he keeps locked inside. He needs to see into her soul, really connect with her on every level. Be together in every sense of the word.

It is a combination of things that spurs both characters into action and I adored the way Ms Bell used the erotic photograph as a catalyst to spark the story. It stayed a central part of the plot and I have to say I can visualise it in my head very clearly.

The way in which Beth and Gavin reached out to one another tugged my heart strings. At times they were tentative and shy, even though married, at other times, daring, and laying their hearts on the line for one another. I liked that they did that, because as a reader I got to see them stepping out of their comfort zones and the effect it had on them. Sometimes it surpassed their expectations, other times there had to be a ‘hang on a minute’ moment. It was all so real, so erotic and ultimately so wonderfully entertaining.

The secondary characters were just delicious. Shall I say that again? Delicious with a capital D. I am talking about more hockey hunks, naked, aroused, salivating. And of course, then there is Eagle, a mysterious skater who, by the way, I would happily be his ‘cabin slave girl’ for a long weekend – oh yummy times would be had!

Best Bits:

With her, he was always meticulously restrained, although sometimes she caught a flash in his dark eyes or a ruthless curve of his mouth that reminded her what a physical creature lurked inside. Not like her. She was locked away in her own head. At some point she’d thrown away the key.
“I’m a man. I’m always in the mood for meat.”
“So are you going to play the Nasties?”
A wild urge to do something—submit, surrender, splay herself open, turn herself inside out.
“Don’t know why, but everyone always wants to be on top.”
Everyone looked up and froze. One of the Renegades players dropped his hand of cards. The piano went silent. The room went electrically still.
She couldn’t be scared of pink fur, could she?
Every player in the locker room gaped at her. He was surprised drool wasn’t puddling on the floor.
His eyes met Gavin’s. He’s a wild thing, thought Gavin. Free. A creature of the wilderness.

Verdict:

I love this author’s voice and I can’t think of a better setting for steaming up the windows and stripping naked in front of a roaring log fire. If strong central characters, a unique plot and burn-your-fingertips-on-your-E-reader sex scenes are your thing then Go Grab a copy of Go Deep today and enjoy!!


                                                 * * * * *


And if Go Deep tickles your fancy don't miss Juniper's other great Alaskan read Go Wild. It's every bit as hot and I can guarantee it will sizzle from the pages of your e-reader!





You can find out more about lovely Juniper and her fabulous books at her website and more fun stuff at her blog - where I am hanging out today having a cup of tea and a natter so come and join the fun!




Oh, and then if you want to sample a FREE story written by Juniper, visit my Free Read page and get yourself a copy of Thanking the Receptionist you'll be glad you did!

Have a wonderful day and happy reading, Lily x

1 comment:

  1. Thanks so much for hosting me, Lily! I so enjoyed our natter over at my place. Let's do it again sometime!

    ReplyDelete